Online casino sites accept a variety of deposit methods that all share one goal: to help you move money from your bank to your casino account. This paves the way for you to place real money wagers and earn real money payouts. Our purpose with this section is to explain how it all works, provide you with a list of popular deposit methods and list which casinos accept which payment options.
Sign Up BonusDeposit €100 Play With €200 18+ to Play, T&Cs ApplyBetsson CasinoClaim Bonus
Sign Up BonusSee Website 18+ to Play, T&Cs ApplyWilliam Hill CasinoClaim Bonus
Sign Up BonusWager £10 Get £30 + 100 Free Spins 18+ to Play, T&Cs ApplyBetVictor CasinoClaim Bonus
Sign Up BonusDeposit £10 Get £40 18+ to Play, T&Cs ApplyUnibet CasinoClaim Bonus
Sign Up Bonus100% up to €500 + 100 Free Spins 18+ to Play, T&Cs ApplyNordicBet CasinoClaim Bonus
The casinos listed above are ranked according to the ease of depositing, the average transaction speed and overall quality of each casino. If you didn’t come to this page with a specific deposit method in mind, the above casino sites serve as a great starting point. These are the places that make it easiest to deposit and play for real money.
All Casino Payment Methods
Choosing the right deposit method is a matter of considering your personal needs and the availability of each payment option in your location. The pages listed below provide reviews of the deposit options you’re most likely to encounter while gambling online. These reviews explain to whom these deposit methods are available, how they work, which casinos accept them and anything else you need to know before you play.
- Credit Cards
- Skrill / Moneybookers
- Prepaid Gift Cards and Vouchers
- Cash Transfer Services
- Bank Transfers
The best online casino sites for each deposit method are ranked according to the ease and speed of depositing. Speed is especially important because nobody wants to sit around and wait forever for money to move. Preferably, you can make a deposit and start playing with real money that same day.
Cashing back out is also just as important. Once again, nobody wants to wait around all day to claim a big win. The faster a casino sends winning players their money, the higher we rank that casino here. If you manage to catch a big win at your online casino, you’ll be glad you found one that pays promptly.
Additionally, the overall quality of these casino sites plays a large part in our rankings system. A casino can have the fastest deposits in the world, but that doesn’t help if the games are broken or the casino has security issues. In order to save you the headache, we only recommend casinos that receive high marks in all the most important aspects.
How to Deposit at Online Casino Sites
First of all, you’ll need to have a casino site to call home. You’ve already seen our top picks, so hopefully you already have an idea of where you’d like to play. You can get started by signing up for an account at any major online casino.
The sign up process is as simple as typing in your name, address, desired username and password. Once you have an account, you can log in any time and visit the cashier to initiate a deposit. Choose the deposit method you’d like to use and follow the instructions on the screen to move your money to your gambling account.
When you make a deposit to a casino, you’re not actually paying for anything. All you’re doing is moving money from one account that you control (your bank account) to another that you control (your betting account). Having money in your casino account allows you to place real money bets at the blackjack table or test your luck at the slots.
The exact process of depositing varies based on the type of method you use to deposit. Credit and debit card payments ask for your card number, e-wallets have you set up a virtual online account and so on. Let’s take a look at some of the most common types of deposit methods.
Types of Casino Banking Methods
Payment processing is a lucrative industry with a lot of companies competing for your business. When you take away the various competing brand names, there are just a few major categories in which 99% of all deposit methods can be classified.
1. Credit and Debit Card Deposits: This is the simplest and most popular deposit method. Making a deposit with a credit card is similar to making a purchase at any online retailer. You choose how much you want to deposit, type in your card number, expiration date and then wait a few minutes for the money to post to your casino account.
*Note – credit cards are not available to use for betting in the UK.
2. Third Party E-Wallets: E-wallets such as PayPal, Skrill and Neteller act sort of like virtual bank accounts. You set up the account at the e-wallet website and can then fund that account with your credit card, bank transfer and other methods. Once you have money in your e-wallet, you can then move that money to any casino site.
E-wallets come in handy because they can also receive payouts. If you’re one of those players who like to keep multiple casino accounts open, an e-wallet makes it easy to move money from one site to the next. E-wallets also provide added security because they keep your personal banking information private – the casino never sees your banking details. On top of all that, e-wallets make it easier to keep your gambling bankroll separate from the rest of your money.
3. Direct Bank Transfers: A number of payment processing companies have established relationships with all the major banks of the world. These companies facilitate payments that move money from your bank account directly to your casino account. There’s no need to type in your credit card information or sign up for an account at some third party website.
4. Prepaid Vouchers: Prepaid vouchers make it possible to turn physical cash into online currency that you can use to gamble. If you have cash you’d like to use to play online, you can visit a local retailer to purchase a voucher. Head back home, type in the number printed on your voucher and your casino account will be funded instantly with the cash.
5. Cash Transfer Services: Cash transfer services are used primarily by customers in the United States who are trying to deposit to unlicensed offshore casino sites.
Mike Murphy founded OnlineCasinoSites.com and brings 15 years of experience in the regulated online gambling industry to the team, with a mission statement of helping gamblers navigate the rules and laws of playing at legal online casinos world wide.