Sic Bo enjoys massive popularity among Asian gamblers and can be found at most betting sites. For those unfamiliar with the game, Sic Bo is basically a simplified version of online craps that uses three dice instead of two. Every wager in Sic Bo is nothing more than a simple bet on the outcome of the next roll of the dice.
We’ll get to the rules in a minute, but first let’s look at the best Sic Bo sites for real money.
There are many sites and apps to play Sic bo online, but these are our favorites because each is backed by a long-term positive reputation. If you hit one of those high-paying wagers or go on a hot run, you won’t have any trouble getting paid. Furthermore, these sic bo sites offer higher payouts on average for every wager.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I must once again mention that safety is always the number one thing to consider when looking for a place to play online. Software and deposit bonuses and are nice, but they are worthless if a casino does not guarantee the safety of your funds.
Always do your research and make sure the site you’re considering has a positive reputation.
The sic bo sites that are listed here meet the highest security standards. Not only are they reputable, but they also pay full odds on all sic bo wagers. The top sic bo sites on this page have been serving customers and paying winners for years. You won’t find a better or safer experience anywhere else.
Next, I’d like to list some of the most important questions you should ask when comparing sic bo casino sites. Once we get past the safety issue, you can start to narrow the focus onto the factors that are most important to you. Choosing the “best” of anything is always an exercise in subjectivity. What I consider to be the most important factors aren’t necessarily the most important factors to you.
- Does the site accept players from your country? This applies especially to players in countries with strict gaming regulations. Not all sites accept players from all countries.
- Is the casino licensed, regulated and audited? Operators with licenses have an incentive to play by the rules and follow the regulations in their host countries. Reputable licensing jurisdictions impose strict penalties on sites that don’t play by the rules and act as mediators when disputes arise between players and casinos. Audits performed by uninterested third parties investigate the casino’s software and processes to ensure the games are truly random and fair.
- How’s the customer support look? A competent customer support team indicates two things. First, it shows the casino actually cares about its customers. Second, it tells you that the casino will indeed help if you have any problems or questions. Take a look at the support page on the website and note their contact methods and operating hours.
Most Sic Bo websites offer a free version of the game that you can play without risk. This comes in very handy if you’re new to the game and would like to get a feel for the game.
You can get started from any device by heading to the sic bo site of your choice and clicking “play now.” The site will automatically serve the correct software for whatever operating system you run.
Sic Bo Software and Game Quality
One other ranking signal that we consider is the overall quality of the software.
Sic Bo software can vary quite dramatically. The main things to look for are stability, crisp graphics, and fast responses to user input. Modern Sic Bo websites usually offer the game on multiple platforms.
There are a few questions that I like to ask when looking at a site’s software and game quality. The purpose here is to establish that the site is put together well and works with my computer. High quality games are just more fun to play with and instill confidence that the site is run by professionals.
- Does the sic bo site have software compatible with my computer? This won’t be a problem for all you traditional PC users out there, but it is a very important question for those of you with Macs and Linux machines. If you’re running any setup other than the traditional Windows PC, you will need to ensure your gambling site has either a no-download instant play option or downloadable software designed for your operating system.
- Can I play mobile sic bo on the go? If you’re reading this page from a smartphone or tablet, it may be worthwhile to see if your casino has mobile-friendly software.
- At which stakes are the sic bo games offered? The vast majority of sic bo casino sites start with minimum wagers of $1.00 or your currency’s equivalent. The maximum wager varies by a wide range from casino to casino. Sometimes the max bet is as low as $25 or as high as $5,000. If you have a hankering to do a little high stakes gambling,make sure you choose a site that can handle your action.
- How do the games look and function? It always makes for a better experience when the casino software looks nice and functions well. The main things to look for here are crisp graphics, responsive software and an overall sense of quality. If your casino site has an instant play option, you can always load that up for a sneak peek at the software.
- Does the casino have a variety of other games available? Sic bo may be your main game, but variety is the spice of life. It’s worth taking a minute to see how many other games that casino has on offer. Between two otherwise equal casino sites, game variety serves as an effective tiebreaker.
Sic Bo Banking Methods
At some point, you’ll need to move some money from your bank account to your online casino account. The best sic bo sites employ a variety of deposit and withdrawal methods to help move your money to your betting account and then back out again when you’re done.
- Does the casino accept the most common deposit methods? These would include the likes of credit and debit cards, cash transfers, electronic bank transfers and e-wallets. My preference has always been to deposit by credit card or e-wallet, so I always check with the casino first to make sure it has those options.
- Are there fees for depositing and withdrawing? Certain deposit methods impose fees on customers, but your casino site shouldn’t charge pile it on with fees of its own. Withdrawals should also be processed free of charge. Payment processing can be expensive for operators, so if a site offers only one free withdrawal per month and then charges a fee on subsequent withdrawals, that’s good enough for me.
- What do other customers have to say about their experiences? You can get a pretty good idea of how reliable a site is in paying winners by checking casino site reviews and comments posted on other websites and forums. Do people seem happy overall? How quickly are cashouts received?
- What are the deposit limits? Deposit limits apply mostly to players on the extreme ends of the spectrum. If you’re on a tight budget, check the minimum deposit amount. If you’d like to make a large deposit, send a note to customer support and tell them how much you intend to deposit. Odds are they’ll find something that works for you.
Sic Bo Bonuses
Online casino sites are reluctant to extend sic bo bonus offers to players due to certain wagers in the game having such a low house advantage. Long story short, operators find it too expensive.
The house advantage of some Sic Bo bets is so low that some sic bo sites don’t feel comfortable giving you extra money to play the game.
If you read through the terms and conditions of any bonus, you’ll see a list of restricted games. In many cases, Sic Bo is one of those games. This means you cannot clear the bonus with wagers placed on Sic Bo.
There are exceptions, but they are far and few between. Here are a few questions to ask when looking for a sic bo bonus.
- Does the casino allow you to clear the bonus while playing sic bo? All casino bonuses must be “cleared” by placing real money wagers. Most gambling operators place restrictions on which games can be played to clear the bonus. Sic bo is often excluded.
- What are the play-through requirements? Play through requirements refers to the amount of money the casino wants you to wager before you can withdraw any of your bonus money or winnings earned from wagering the bonus. Clearing requirements range from 10 to 100 times the bonus amount.
- Does the casino handicap your wagers? If the casino does allow you to clear the bonus with sic bo, do wagers placed at the sic bo table count 100% towards meeting the rollover requirements? Some casinos allow you to play sic bo towards your bonus but discount or handicap each wager to a percentage, such as 20%. What this means is that you’ll have to wager 5x as much (or whatever the math comes out to) to complete the same bonus. So, if the normal play-through is 25x for slots but sic bo counts as 20%, you would actually need to wager 125x for your bonus.
- What is the bonus amount? The bigger the bonus, the better. This goes for both the percentage match rate and the max bonus amount.
- Does the casino offer other promotions? In addition to deposit bonuses, look for things like VIP programs, reload bonuses, cashback programs, and deposit-method-specific bonuses. Promos make your money last longer and give you more chances to win.
Sic Bo deposit bonuses are nice but it’s even more important to find a safe and reputable sic bo site to play at.
The best Sic Bo sites also run a variety of ongoing promotions for regular customers. These can include reload bonuses, wagering leader boards, and other contests. The more you bet on Sic Bo online for real money, the more rewards you can earn. If you are a high-volume player, the rewards can be quite generous.****
How to Play Real Money Sic Bo Online
Sic bo can appear complicated but is actually a pretty straightforward game. It is played with three dice and your job as the player is to predict how those dice will land. You can place bets on specific numbers or any combination of numbers coming up when the dice are thrown.
Sic Bo is played with three dice. The table which accompanies the dice looks complicated, but it’s really nothing more than an elaborate list of betting options and payouts. The 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-17-16-15-14-13-12-11 pattern across the center of the Board simply shows you the wagers you can make and how much they pay out for a win when the dealer throws the three six-sided dice. For instance, the “17 – 1:60” tile simply states that you can bet on rolling a 17 and get paid 60-to-1 odds if that happens.
You place your wagers using a board that displays all possible bets. Each bet comes with unique payout odds based on the likelihood of the dice returning that combination. Longshot wagers such as betting that the same number will appear on all three dice pay upwards of 150:1 on your original wager. Easier wagers such as betting that the dice will land on any total of 11 to 17 pay closer to even money.
Long story short, all you do is place your bet and hope the dice land on the winning combinations. Here’s a look at some of the most basic wagers.
The reason you see so many wagering options is because a typical Sic Bo game lets you place a bet on almost every possible outcome of a 3-dice roll.
The only thing you need to do as a player is predicting how the dice land. Choose any bet on the board, place your bets and then cross your fingers for good luck.
- Dice Face: Players may bet that any one of the six dice sides will show. If that number comes up on any of the dice the player wins even money and if two of the dice show the selected face the bet is paid off at 2 to 1. And if you are lucky enough for all three dice to show the same face, the bet is paid at 3 to 1.
- Two Faces: This is a bet that a combination of two particular numbers will show up, and if the player bets for example that a 1 and a 6 will appear and does the house will pay off at 5:1 on average.
- Specific Doubles Proposition Bet: This one is similar to the above wager except it only requires two dice to land on the same number. This happens 7.41% of the time and pays anywhere from 8:1 to 11:1 depending on where you play Sic Bo online. The house advantage likewise ranges from 11.1% to above 33%. It’s a bad bet in all instances and should also be reserved for those nights in which you couldn’t care less abou the house advantage.
- Three Dice Totals: A popular collection of bets on the Sic-Bo table are the three-dice bets, which range between the numbers 4 and 17. The players at the table will be able to wager on all three dice. The player selects a specific total, and since the combination of faces can result in the selected total, the total varies and so does the payoff! Because these are found prominently in the middle of the board, one might assume these are good wagers to make. Don’t make that mistake, three dice sic bo bets have poor odds. The house edge ranges between 9.7% and 15.3% in most Western Casinos and up to a 47.2% edge at Asian casinos.
- Big: The big bet is a wager that your score will total between 11 and 17, except when you roll 3 of a kind (a loss). The odds of hitting this combination is 48.6%, while you are paid out 1-to-1. This means the house edge is 2.8% on the big bet.
- Small: The small bet in sic bo is just the opposite of the big bet: that you’ll roll between 4 and 10 with the three dice. In this case, your odds are also 48.6% again with winning bets paid 1:1. Once again, the house edge is 2.8%.
- Triple: Players also have the option of betting on a specific triple combination. The odds of hitting this are minuscule, at just under 1/2 of 1.0% (0.46%). When you hit this combination, you’ll receive a 180 to 1 payout at most Western casinos. Casinos in Macau pay around 150:1. The house edge on this wager is a whopping 16.2% in the United Kingdom and as high as 30.6% in Macau. This particular wager is also best avoided unless you’re in a serious gambling mood.
- Any Triple: This is a fairly simple wager that pays if the dice land on any three of a kind (such as all three dice landing on 2). The odds of all three dice landing on the same number are 2.8%. In New Zealand, this wager often pays 31:1 while Asian casinos pay in the range of 24:1. The house advantage ranges from 13.9% to over 30%. Wherever you play, this bet should be avoided.
- Any Pair: Betting that a pair of any certain number will come up pays a ratio of 8 to 1 however this is the bet with the absolute worst odds for the player.
- Odds and Even: The same applies to sic bo bets on the odd or the even offers 1:1 payouts and have the same percentage of hitting and the same house edge. The even/odd wager is not often offered in Macau.
- Name Your Numbers: One other option offered at some Sic Bo sites lets you choose any three numbers and pays anywhere from 50:1 to 60:1 if all three numbers come up. Sometimes, you can also pick 4 numbers and get paid if any three of those appear in one throw of the dice. The house advantage in this one ranges from above 15% to nearly 30%. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I recommend you avoid this bet as well.
Live Dealer Sic Bo
Live dealer Sic Bo is also an option at most established online casinos (such as those recommended on this page).
Live dealer sic bo gives you the best of both worlds. Live streaming video and human dealers bring the real casino experience to your computer.
Visit a live dealer sic bo casino and you’ll play with a real human dealer who throws real dice. You place your bets with the mouse and then watch in real-time as the dealer shakes the dice and counts out your winning bets. You can chat with the dealer and get the genuine casino experience right from a mobile a